9.08.2008

Ok so I am thinking our blog is pretty dern boring because I never tell you what Ty and I do all the time. Also because I dont have any cool photos on here. First off, where to start by telling you all about our awesome VERY quick summer. Second, I have NO clue how to add photo's on my blog. PLEASE HELP!!! I spend all day everyday on a computer for my job, have taken countless graphic design classes, countless computer classes as it is, and I cant figure out my own blog! I know, it sounds ridiculous. Pretty typical though.

Ok so first off about our summer... Ty and I have been slowly updating and re-doing our cute little condo. First was the paint job. We painted one wall in our kitchen green, one wall in our living room purple (I know, sounds crazy), our bedroom yellow, and our office blue. I figured, we are young, spry, and "super cool" so we should do something fun and crazy. And that we did. Once i figure out how to post pics, I will show you JUST how fun it is. Next we are going to rip up the disgusting linoleum floor in our bathrooms and kitchen and add tile. Then relplace the countertops, and nasty sink. It will be a long process, but a stinkin awesome one. Plus we are still working on the decor of house. Lets face it, its expensive, and lets face it again, I am a horrible chooser because I am picky and a perfectionist. Lucky Ty!!

What else... I think I mentioned how we haven't had one weekend home in August. Our last trip to end the summer with a bang we went to Jackson Hole. Ty's family has a house up there and LAbor Day weekend was his imidiate families turn to take it. Being my first Jackson Hole experience I was pleasantly surprised. Friday night we went downtown to an ACTUAL shoot out they have. Like a for real, old school cowboy shoot out from the 1800's. It was awesome. Then we walked around cute downtown and went into all the shops. All we bought was a christmas ornament :( But then we went to the cutest play. It was Cat Balou and it was SO funny. It was in this TINY quaint theater where there were like 15 rows to seat people. It was great, they had incredible voices, it was funny, and very entertaining. Saturday we played a nice friendly, competive game of mini golf with Ty's family and we are pleased to announce that Ty took first place and I took second (by ONE lousy point) out of his whole family. We raced down the alpine slide and went to a cute Mexican restaurant (of which i cant remember the name), and played Nerts (or Pounce as they call it) all night long. Sunday we went to the visting members ward for church, which was pretty packed and took a long Sunday nap. That night after dinner we went on a mountain safari looking for wild animals trip. We saw a few HUGE moose, a bunch of elk, and to top it all off A BEAR!!! It was in a tree about 30 or 40 yards away. (Once again, I will post pictures, when i figure it out). It was awesome. I think Ty's family thought I was a loon for my, lets put it, rather excited reaction. For those of you who really know me, can probably picture the seen I caused now. Anywho, the trip was a success and a great way to end the summer. As for now I think this blog is getting REALLY long, so i will spare you more details for now, and will catch up on next week posting entitled "The incredibly awesome lives of Ty and Jody". Until then TTFN and have a good one!

3 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Jod! I'm so glad you have a blog! It will be fun to see what you guys are up to. Ok, to post pictures (because I really want to see your condo!)...when you go to new post, right above where you type stuff there is a tool bar. Towards the right hand side there is a tiny picture of a mountain (it is in between the abc check thing and what looks like a movie roll (where you can upload movies). You just click on the mountain picture and that is where you upload pictures. Good luck!!

Meggan Butterfield said...

Jody your blog is great and it sounds like you too had a great Labor day weekend! It sounds like it was quiet and adventure and you saw a BEAR!!! I can would of probabley reacted the same way you did. Well have fun talk to you soon!

kate said...

Hi Jody! Remember me from good old CUC? I found your blog on Kathryn's, hope you don't mind- your blog is cute, looks like you two are having fun! You need to put some wedding photo's on here too!