12.04.2009

The week of Thanks and Giving

Hello to one and all. I want to be better at this whole blog thing because my journal writing is pretty much not existent these days. It probably has something to do with the fact that you really don't write things out by hand anymore which has caused my hand writing to suffer greatly! (It wasn't anything to write home about before but I digress)
These past few weeks have been crazy. For the Thanksgiving Break which we both needed desperately, we headed to my parents house in Logan. Even though it is Logan, its nice to get out of Provo. On Tuesday night we went to a Utah State Basketball game, you know I'm trying. I'm trying to like Utah State but its tough. I should rephrase that or people are going to start comparing me to Max Hall. I like the School, I like the program. I always root for them except when they play BYU. But I'll be honest, some of their fans make it hard to root along side them. Most of the things they said would be a little bit to racy for this blog but lets just say they've taught me a few new words. Utah State won of course and its always fun to go to college basketball games.
On Wednesday we headed up to Bear Lake, or Beartrada as my sister likes to call our cabin up there. Bear Lake was a great place to spend holiday. It's beautiful especially in the mornings and it's not very crowded. Though it does have some disadvantages like not having anything open Thanksgiving Day when your wife is about ready to start burning small villages because her heartburn is so bad and you can't find a place open to buy Tums. Luckily I finally did find a place and a crisis was averted!
The next couple of days consisted of a lot of sleeping and tv watching. My Mom, sister and Jody are obsessed with the same TV shows (The Biggest Loser and So You think You can Dance) so we watched a lot those shows. I will admit the Biggest Loser is not the best show to watch during the holiday season. There you all getting ready to eat as much food as you possibly can and your watching these people bust their butts to get the weight off!!
Lets see what else did we do. We came back to the Logan the day after Thanksgiving, we needed to do some shopping and some other errands. We went shopping with my brother Bryce and our little niece Kaylee. It was good parenting practice because she is an active two year old. We went to the Logan mall and the thing she was most excited about was playing on the ice cream. They have this play area with huge ice creams cones/ other desserts that she was practically pulling off my arm to get to. Wow I almost forgot to mention my brother and his wife had a little baby girl the previous Monday! Her name is McKell Ann King, I think thats how you spell her name, I'll have to check on that.
Logan was great, on Saturday we planned the whole day around the BYU Utah game. Wow that was a great game, almost gave me a heart attack but still a great game!! We had to listen to the last five minutes in the car because we were headed back to Provo. I don't recomened listening to any game on the radio. Not being able to see the game is not fun!!! I made Jody drive because if we won or lost I might have driven us into a ditch!! As most of you know BYU won and all was right with the world.
Fast forward to this past Saturday and I found myself in enemy territory. I had to take the GRE. The only place in all of Utah I could take it was up on the University of Utah's campus, so I was a little nervous going up there because I have BYU license plates! But everything went according to plan, the GRE wasn't too bad. I'm above average for all the schools were applying to except for one, Arizona State, but I'm only off a few points off. It feels so good to have it be over, now I just need to get everything in by January 15. The final schools are UNLV, SDSU, Arizona State, U of Arizona and Texas Tech. Well thats about it, were just excited for Christmas!!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

You are preganant!!! like almost half way and i just read about it. congrats!!!

The Trythalls said...

Congrats on finishing the GRE Tyler!

Chad and Mandi said...

Wow, getting ready for the GRE, you probably did need the break!