11.29.2012

Christmas time is here

Wow I cannot believe how fast the past two months have gone. I swear it was just Halloween and now Thanksgiving is over and in 2 days its December! Its kinda weird, but how fast time goes by kinda scares me. Like it genuinely freaks me out a little. I feel like I am on a spinning merry go round and the last couple of years it has gotten progressively faster and faster. I feel like before I know it, I will be 50! Im not quite 28 but I still feel not a day over 24 and often times forget that I am actually NOT 24. Does anyone else have this weird phobia like me?

I am so happy that we have all our Christmas shopping done for the three of us! Beside stocking stuff, we just have to do family gifts and we are in business! We put the tree up, in all its glory, well half its glory. We decided to try and squeeze our giant fatty tree into the living room this year instead of our kitchen (that is just weird, and we have no space to eat at our table) so we decided to put it up right against the wall and leave off the branches in the back! GENIUS! It only looks a little funky when you walk down the hall and can see a gap between the wall and the tree, oh well i guess.

Lucy is Super stoked and even MORE helpful than she was last year (if you can image)

My cute little bums fixing the tree

I am a lights snob and they have to be done JUST right

Lucy being her adorable self. Whats better than a necklace? A necklace that lights up!



I didnt get a pic of the finished product though. I realized the other day that this is the first winter I have been a stay at home mom. And i realized it may be harder than I thought! I have been pretty stir crazy lately and I jump at the chance for any reason to get out of the house! I also realized I am not good at playing 2 yr old games and toys. Does that make me a bad mom? Im still deciding. Its just hard when Lucy REFUSES to play by herself (she never has, never, not for more than 5 min). I feel like a dancing monkey most of the time as she is constantly saying "mommy dance!" "mommy tickle" "mommy come get me!" "mommy kick a ball". This is about when I wish she had a constant playmate, like a twin or something. Im horrible!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love your tree idea! That is smart! As a mother of a child who does not play alone, I sympathize. My making dinner (or wanting to shower) usually causes a melt down. I hope you can come up with some fun winter activities. And I still think I'm 22 :). Each time one of my younger brothers would hit that mark it threw me a little. Now that they are all past it I don't know what to think :). Time flies!

Stephs Story said...

Jody, you are not a bad mom! I'm so sorry that you feel that way! You are a great mom and are doing such a fantastic job! The important thing is that you're there for her and playing with her. Keep up the good work! I'm sorry winter is driving you crazy! It can be hard not being able to go outside as much as you'd like but I'm sure you'll find plenty to do indoors; you can always play outside games inside just at a smaller level. Good luck! Love the Christmas tree! I'm sure it looks great!
I found this link just for you about your cabin fever situation:
http://www.milwaukeemoms.com/stories/135996003.html