12.26.2008

The happenings!

Well it is true. I made it through my surgery! I still feel a little bit like i have been punched in the stomach, but all in all, much better. I cant wait until i am all the way better (next week or so) then i can fully enjoy myself and my food. We forgot our camera of course so we didnt really get to document this momentous occasion. Ty only got 1 picture on his cell that I will have to get uploaded. I am trying to fight back a new fear from developing though. It took me a LONG time to actually get out of the hospital. When it should have only been a few hours at the most. It turns out the the normal amount of anestesia one would give a person of my stature was WAY to much for me to handle. It took me a long time to wake up and about 5-6 more hours to be stable enough to go home. It really did a number on me. Every time i would doze off at the hospital my breathing would go way down and it would set off this alarm thingy to send the nurse rushing in. To say the least i was really scared at the hospital. I know now that things like this happen all the time and it really is not that big of deal but I cant help but wake up in the middle of the night and wonder to myself "was i breathing ok", "what if i cant wake up". And then it brings up the whole fear of whats going to happen if i have to have surgury again, i dont want to be scared. I am really trying to hold myself back and not let this become a problem. But I am feeling better and better everyday. Ty's dad just told me i probably wont feel absolutely 100% back to normal for THREE WEEKS!!! Patience is a virtue. At least thats what they tell me...
On to Christmas... We were spoiled once again. I got everything I asked (except a puppy, which wont happen until we have a backyard :( ) and so did Ty. I got a guitar and a knee length trench coat from Santa and from Ty I got some super cute shoes, jacket, and the cutest was a teapot that was filled with pieces of paper that have my favorite things to do, so when Ty and I are looking for a date, I can pull out a paper and have to do the thing on the paper. I thought that was super cute and very thoughtful of my favorite buddy! All of you "Office" fans out there might remember Jim gave a similar present to Pam for Christmas one year. CUTE!!! Ty got some clothes, books, shoes, DVD's and of course his ONE item on his wish list an Ipod Touch!!! I am telling you, the kid hasnt taken his hands off of it since he opened it!!! I think Santa created a monster!
One more piece of good news. One of my bestest buddies in the whole world my little Meg had her baby!!!! It was a total surprise, she went into labor and had her Christmas day!!! She wasnt due for a few more weeks even!! We love you Meg and Kade, Congrats on the little squirt. DeJanae is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I cant believe we are old enough to have one of these!

1 comment:

Meggan Butterfield said...

Jod, I am glad that you are feeling well. Surgery is no fun. I am glad that you and Tyler had a wonderful Christmas! I love the teapot idea that was super thoughtful. Well I hope that you have a Happy New Year I wish we could have come to your house but we will get to gether soon!