1.02.2009

End to an interesting year

Hey all!!! Hope you all had as much fun as we did this Christmas and New Years!!! We had our friends Nikki and Blake, and Mandi and Chad over (we missed you Meg, Kade and Dejanae) on New Years Eve. It was fun, we made "Cafe Rio"ish burritos and played games and just talked, mostly laughed though. Also we are tiling our master bathroom this week. What a chore!!!! We are almost complete with our housing renovations, well at least for a little while anyway. Luckily Uncle Pete knows how to do all of these things so we dont have to hire out, and he can teach me how to do all of these awesome things for future reference. Thanks Peter!!! Well, I was reading through some friends blogs and they made a recap of the past year month by month and I thought it was a great idea. So I shall copy them...
January
Watching Cam play hockey, surviving my final semester at UVU (yes i know it is the first month of the semester), and planning a wedding were was my month of January. Ty was recovering from his tonsilectomy and finally feeling better from months of agony. I felt bad for the poor fellow!! Ty was also in school and working part time.
February
Valentines day came and Ty was so sweet!!! His grandparents were out of town for a few weeks and we went to there house that night (finally, we had a moment to ourselves!). He made me dinner, sprinkled rose petals on the floor and gave me tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert!!!! I was so excited I almost cried!!!
March
We went to the rascal flatts concert. It basically rocked my world but Ty wasn't to thrilled. He isn't a concert lover. We also went to California this month with Ty's fam. The boys got tickets to March Madness in Anaheim and us girls went to DISNEYLAND!!! Oh it was the perfect Easter vacation from school and everyday life.
April
This month was a BUSY month!! This was the month for crunch time on finalizing wedding plans, finishing (FINALLY) from school and moving into my first home with a man!! Well i guess i was the only one living at our condo at the end of April, but we had both of our stuff moved in. This month I also went through the temple. It was such a beautiful day!!! Let me just tell you, the Timp Temple is spectacualr!!! I finally made it to the temple, what a great day. I have never felt more at peace, comforted, and happy until this day came. Ty and I finished our legacies at our current jobs, HOORAY!!! I had something lined up with interior design and Ty was going to be a tour guide at BYU.
May
Wedding bells were ringing!!! We were finally married on May 2 in the Salt lake temple. What a perfect day. The day before it had snowed 2 inches in Salt Lake, but it had all melted and skys were insanely blue and BEAUTIFUL!!! Man i tell you, everything was picture perfect. I was finally with my best friend for ETERNITY!!!! We celebrated by going to So. Cal for a week. We stayed in Carlsbad, right on the beach mind you. We loved every second of it!!! unforunately it had to end and we had to come back to our messy and unpacked condo. But it was still great. We also had the entire month to chill because BOTH of our jobs fell through. A whole month of unemployment, how did we financially make it, we still wonder. So technically we had a whole month of a honeymoon.
June
We finally got jobs and our "honeymoon" sadly ended.
July
What a month... My dad was campaigning for county commisioner and lucky us we were nominated to ride in parades for him, throwing candy to the little ones. A few weeks later we were awoken in the middle of the night one night (why is it always in the middle of the night) with my mom crying telling me my sister Holly passed away. It was so surreal, and so suprising. No one expected such a tragedy to happen. But man, how loving and supporting people were. I couldn't believe the love people had for my family.
August
This month Ty turned the big 23 and I suprised him with a weekend getaway to Park City. It was so relaxing and perfect. We went shopping, rode the alpine slide/coaster, and enjoyed the awesome beauty of one of my favorite places which is Park City. We also went to Jackson Hole with Ty's family. It was my first time in Wyoming. It was so awesome and we saw a BEAR to boot!!! I seem to attract those deadly creatures for some reason.
September
Ty started school. Boring month. Except my bouts of sickness started this month.
October
Halloween. We re-done our kitchen and guest bathroom. What a chore, but I loved it!!! More sickness...
November
Still sick... Thanksgiving in E-town. School getting crazy for Ty.
December
Still sick... My first surgery. Christmas shopping and decorating (my favorite part!!) Ty finishes yet another semester at the BYU. Tiling our master bathroom. And finally, spending our second Christmas together where all our hopes and dreams came true.

What a year. I would say a bittersweet one. But I am sure glad I spent it with Ty. I cant even imagine what it would be like without him. One thing I learned is that even though things good or bad happen, life goes on. Thats why we need to cherish everyday, not to regret the past, or be afraid of the future, today is the one that counts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cousin,
I feel robbed. I had no idea you had a blog. I've been missing out this whole time. Somehow our cousin connection brought me to you though. Sounds like things are going well (except that whole surgery junk- yikes!) Glad I found you!

Chad and Mandi said...

I am so glad all your hopes and dreams came true this christmas. Also, thanks again for having us on New Years Eve. Chad finally admitted that my friends are more fun than his!!!! Victory!!!