2.28.2009

Good bye February

So today was a great day, the orgins of this epic day had their beginning last weekend after i had gotten home from work and Jody got that puppy dog look in her eye. I will admit its tough to resist. She said,"Ty....can we please go see Confessions of a Shopaholic please......". Now I will be the first to admit that I don't mind the occasional chick flick, but this movie I could tell was going to be rough. I was tired and homework to do so I said lets go next week. At this time this seemed like a great idea but I didn't realize the most important basketball game of the year was going to take place here in the land of Provo. BYU vs Utah, this game was for all of the bananas, the winner of this game has the best chance of going to the big dance in March and where I was going to be,watching Confessions. But I am pleased to report that we had a great day together and BYU won so brethren, answers to prayers do happen.

Lunch:
Jody and I are officially done with our honeymoon, we finally used the last of our gift cards we got from our wedding. The card was for the Cheesecake factory which neither of us had been to before so we were pretty excited about. Though I have to admit I was nervous because at first glance it all pretty much seemed like girly food but I found the burger menu and it all worked out in. Lunch was great I got a burger and Jody got fish tacos and they were awesome. Jody had a hard time believing that her fish tacos really were fish and my hamburger was so juicy about half way through I had to use my fork for the rest of the way through. By the end we were so full but we knew we had to have the cheesecake because you can't go to the Cheesecake Factory without getting cheesecake, that would be blasphemy. Oh yea side note, it was such a nice day outside, they had us eat outside! I never thought it would be so nice in February in Utah! For those that haven't eaten there they have like 453 million different types of cheesecake which makes choosing new easy task. Luckily our waitress helped us out and we got the Chocolate mousse, mountain o' chocolate...., I can't remember the name, but it was good!!

Movie:
Thanks to Charlie we were able to use some free movie tickets at Jordan Commons, I have to admit I really like that theatre, the atmosphere, the seats, and how they let you eat real food during the movie. Today was a great day because we got there a half an hour ahead of time so we didn't have to sit in the front row. When we saw Australia, front row, James Bond, front row, Twilight, front row. Needless to say its nice to see a movie when you don't leave with a crink in your neck! Now to tell you about one of Jody's pet peeves, she doesn't have many but one of her main peeves is teenage girls. It seems every movie we go to we have to sit next to 10 screaming, texting, laughing, gum smacking 15 year olds. You can just see the range boiling up inside of her whenever they are in close proximety. But I digress, the movie was good, lots of clothes, lots of dancing and the obligatory scene in the movie where the guy realizes he made a mistake and runs to win her back. Overall not a bad show, it was just great to hang out with my best friend.

And Finally, IKEA
For those of you that no me, you know that shopping is not my thing. If I'm hungry I last maybe 20 minutes, and If I'm full maybe 25. Yes I know its lame. I've been preparing myself all day for this because Jody LOVES IKEA and I didn't want to whine and ruin it for her. I'm pleased to report that we found some great deals, got some ideas to spruce up our house and finally got curtains for our family room. I'm also pleased to report that I didn't whine for about 45 minutes, it was rough but sometimes you just have to man up and shop. All and all it was a great day, a little cheese cake, a little movie, and a little shopping.

No comments: