1.01.2012

Christmas catch-up

WOW. I honestly cannot believe that it is 2012. The month of December flew by faster than any month this year, and that is REALLY saying something! I swear it was just the other day we put our tree up. We had a crazy busy month, so many things going on all the time, i have been really bad at keeping up. But for the actual holiday we had a lot of fun. We went to G-town and celebrated with my sister and her family. It was fun to have little kids around for Christmas morning rather than just adults, and Lucy. We went to church and then went to my parents and met up with my other sister and her family there to have Christmas dinner. It was delish and fun to see everyone. The next day we had a little party to go to for miss Deja Butterfield as well as another Christmas party, again so much good food and fun. I made my very first fondant cake and surprisingly, it turned out better than expected and I didn't swear once during the process! A few years back the one thing that i REALLY wanted to accomplish was to one day be able to make a double layered cake, thats it, just a double layer, nothing special. And now a few years later I made a double layered, two tiered cake from scratch. See (I'm telling myself), I really can accomplish things, even if it takes a few years. I don't want to track down the cord for my phone to get pics off but I will do that shortly.
Then we went to Logan to celebrate with the King side. We were spoiled, of course, and celebrated "Christmas" for THREE days straight!!! Again, good food, good fun, and good family time. All the little girls (except lucy, until now) was sick the whole time we were there, but moral was high and so was the toddler energy. Now my poor baby is the most sick she has ever been, but at least she went down having fun.
Thanks to EVERYONE who made our Christmas a memorable one!

Being the new year, it is always infamous to make new goals and resolutions. I used to make a list of goals and then about Jan 7th they were all already down the drain. Since I have never made a resolution that I have kept, I haven't made any for the last few years. I think about them and kI think about ways that I can better myself or accomplish something, but I don't officially make a goal or write them down. I guess I feel like I am setting myself up for failure if I do. But I am SO excited to see what 2012 has in store for us. We have YET to have a calm and relaxed year. As my husband says, our lives seem to have something crazy, life changing even, going on. So Im excited to see what this year will bring us.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Glad you had such a fun Christmas and that your cake turned out! I think having kids makes goals take a long time, but you can achieve them! I hope 2012 is wonderful for you! And that little Lucy gets better quick!