3.05.2013

Provo ~ St. George

Well, the post I have been ready to post for the last 3 years is finally here!! I am going to allow myself one gooshy and sentimental post about P-town and the craziness going through my mind. Feel free to skip this post as it will be super wordy, long, and like I said gooshy and sentimental. Without further ado, I am so excited to announce that we have found a job and are moving to the sunny St George! Out of the HUNDREDS of applications and jobs my darling applied to, who would have thought that we would end up right in Utah. We were pretty sure that we were leaving since out of the hundreds of jobs we only applied to a handful in Utah. In fact, we almost had a job in NC, but we turned it down and decided St George was where the Lord wanted us to be.

So the job is for Voxxy Networks. Its an SEO company that one of our close family friends owns with his buddy and they decided that they want to integrate social media into what they do, so they contacted Tyler. We didnt even have to apply, how awesome is that! Its kind of funny that again, out of the hundreds of jobs (literally, I'm not exaggerating) we found someone who came to us. Its funny because that is basically what happened with grad school. Ty was told that he wasnt even qualified for BYU grad program, but we applied anyway. He didnt even completely have the application complete before they accepted him, weird. It just goes to show that the Lord has a plan, and His will be done. For some crazy reason the Lord blesses us beyond our deserving or understanding.

We decided that next wed is the day of days. That is the day we bid farewell to our first home. Its getting really weird. We have taken down pretty much all of our decor and have a bunch of stuff packed and boxes lying all over the house. As anxious as I am to get going on the next chapter of our lives, i have to admit, i certainly am going to miss Utah county. I may even shed a tear. How I said the Lord has a plan for us, for me moving to Provo was nothing short of just that. I moved here by myself, no friends or family. While all my friends moved away together, i seperated myself because i knew provo was the place for me. I have experienced SO much while living here. I found myself here actually. I found who the REAL Jody was. I met people who will forever stay in my heart and experienced things that helped shape and mold me that couldnt have been done elsewhere. I fell in love here, I got married here, I had a baby here, and created a home here. Im definately going to miss a lot of things like provo canyon in the summer/fall, byu grounds in the spring, the mall (st goerge mall is sub-par), Maceys, our condo, friends and family, BYU, and our favorite local restaurants and a bunch more things i cant think of at the moment.

Last but not least I need to say just how proud of Ty I am. He works/has worked SO hard for us. The stress of school, work, applying for hundreds of jobs (have i mentioned that already?), plus dealing with everything at home has been really hard on him. I truly lucked out on him. I dont think anyone else could handle me. He is just SO layed back and easy going! He deserves the world, thats for sure. Im so excited to start this new chapter with this guy. Thank you buddy, I love you and am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'm so excited for you to start this new adventure! I'm so glad you were part of my Provo experience :). Good luck with the craziness of packing, moving, and setting up a new place!