2.13.2013

Weather for art thou spring?!

Lame title I know but did you get it, instead of "Whether for art..." I said "Weather..." because I was talking about Spring? Ok Im even more lame now. If you want to stop reading now, I understand. Its late, throw me a bone. So lately I have been needing some serious sun and warm weather. Its hard being cooped up all day because of it being super cold and because i want to preserve our lives from lung cancer, which we are all bound to get from the nasty never-ending inversion. You could basically cut that stuff with a knife its so thick! BLEH!!! Anywho, this is the first winter that I have never had to work, so I haven't been cooped up like this before. So LUCKILY we get to go to St George for an impromptu vaca/job interview for the nice long weekend! HELLO 60+ degree weather! But in all honesty while we have been on the never-ending search for a job, while staying in Utah county would be a MAJOR safety net and comfort for me, knowing what winter is like is almost a deal breaker for me, pathetic maybe, but im not kidding!

Talking about the job hunt and Utah county; I discovered the other day (because it is inevitable we are moving away) that leaving this place is going to be kind of hard. While I am so anxious to leave and start a new chapter, I cant help but think what we are leaving behind. Its SO easy here! Our families are always coming to visit, or they are not far away for us to visit. 2 of my best friends live here and the other comes to visit a few times a year. Missing out on the get-togethers is going to be hard. BUT I am so ready for the chance to start something new, and mostly to stop living like a student. I am ready to get out and explore life out of Utah or at least a new place in utah if thats where we end up. While i feel so safe and guarded here, it will be so good to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone. I am just REALLY excited and looking forward to what the next few weeks/months are going to bring us.

My baby turns 3 in a few days. Im not sure how I feel about this. I already blogged about this before, but now its closer and I cant ignore it anymore. I just love that little girl! She is so darn cute! One thing I know, is that she was sent to our family on purpose and I couldnt be more grateful. Nobody has ever pushed every single emotion and feeling to its greatest extent like she has in me and I love her for it. Even though she is now my big girl, she will still always be my baby.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good luck with the job search! Glad you are excited for the adventure :-).

I can't believe she is almost three! And that means my little baby will be three in a few more months, ah! That just does not seem possible!

Tara Mogle said...

You put into words exactly how I felt about 5 years ago. We had moved to st. george in 2005--and i hated it. Then the hubs got a job in utah county so we moved up there, bought a house, and i swore i would never move back to st. george. utah county just felt so easy, and comfortable. we were, what i like to call "a healthy distance away from famliy!" but it was so fun to have family and friends close by...then one day i literally said to my hubby "should we take the job down to st. george?" and within a month we sold our house and moved back. We have nobody down here, but it was been so fun gettin out of our comfort zone and kind of being forced to make new friends and start our own life with just us! good luck, you guys are going to be great wherever you end up!!

Stephs Story said...

Amen to wanting spring! I feel the same way! I'm so ready to move to St. George ASAP ;) Good luck on the job search! I understand you feeling sad to leave but ready to start a new chapter. Anytime you leave a place that you call home with all your comforts is difficult but I"m fully confident you're up for anything that comes your way! You are awesome and I know that wherever life takes you, it will be the best thing for you! I feel the same way about my daughter always being my baby too ;)