10.23.2010

Dilemma

I have a fashion dilemma people. Im not sure what to do. Winter is slowly or rather quickly in my opinion creeping up on us and I have found myself for the 4th year in a row yearning for the perfect pair of boots. Preferably, ones that dont cost an arm or a leg or my feet in this case hehe. The thing is, I find ones I like but they always have at least a 3 inch heel on them. Dont get me wrong, I am definitely not one to oppose a rocking pair of stilettos, but while walking on snow/ice carrying a baby and heaven only knows how many more items in my arms, 4inch stilettos aren't going to cut it or maybe they will by me falling on my head and cutting my head open! I dont want to look like I just got off a horse, motorcycle, llama, pole, or the premier of Robin Hood 2. Not sure what to do...

Also with my fabulous boots that I am destined to find, cant very well hide under a pair of baggy jeans. So what do you do, pair them with skinny jeans right?! There is my problem. I think people look either awesomeor flat out ridiculous in skinny jeans and I do not want to look the latter. I am afraid my tight perky bum/flat non poochy baby belly days are gone and I dont want to emphasize that matter. Not only that but I have a phobia of buying things that are super-faddish, that I look back and think WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! Are skinny jeans going to be around for a LONG time, Im not sure yet. Am I going to have Stacy and Clinton in the back of my mind saying "That is definitely What Not To Wear sweetheart!"? Or am I just being hesitant on the latest and greatest? Do you have to be super skinny to wear them? People I need some feedback!!!

4 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Jod. First of all, you have a rockin bod. I, on the other hand, am curvey and wurvey. However, my friend who is a fashionista (seriously. it's her job) says she loves when curvy girls rock skinny jeans. Her big thing is that you just have to own it. So I say go for it! (even though I haven't dared to myself). As far as boots go, I have gray Uggs--the ones that look knitted--and i L.O.V.E. them. They were especially comfy last winter when I was 9 months prego (for the last few weeks htey were the ONLY shoe that fit. I even wore them to church. I know. Heaven help me.). Anyway, normally I wouldn't spend 100+ bones on boots, but now that I have them I'd say it is worth it. However, I actually didn't spend that much. I got mine online from this website (uggsonsale.com maybe??) and they were like $60 or something. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend them. They are so stinkin' comfy. I have seriously been pining away for fall to get here so i could wear them again. And when I busted them out a few weeks ago I was like, "Oh yes! They are better than I remmeber!" Anyway. Okay. This comment is a million miles long. I am excited to check back and see what other people have to say!

Chad and Mandi said...

Do you remember my friend Ashley Dorius? She is my little fashionista and voice in the back of my head when I shop. However, lots of times I am so scared to listen to her, so that is why I look like the plain jane that I do. She has a fashion blog and posts all about random sales that are going on all over the place all the time. I have her button on my blog, so check it out. She would love it if you commented and asked her too!

Lindsey said...

Jody, I love you! You are awesome! I hope you find cute boots! I'm having the same dilemma, if only I rode horses = ). I won't rock the skinny because I don't want to look like the pink jeans woman, but, I have seen woman of every shape and size doing it and the key may just be "owning it". Good luck deciding!

Kathryn said...

Jody, its Kathryn by the way. Stop thinking. Buy a pair. Its not that big of a deal. They make boot wearing much easier. Plus, you no longer have the hideous bulge on top of the boot that comes from tucking a jean not meant to fit inside boots. I think I got my first pair 4 years ago. 4. I don't think they are very cutting edge at this point so you are good to go. Get a Gap pair, it's a great gateway.