10.16.2010

Finders Keepers!!!

So my friend Steffi and I were going for a walk around the temple block just like we normally do, on a very normal day, Thursday. As we were walking she said "oh there is money on the ground!" I couldn't see it and she pointed out a folded bill on the grass. We hesitated for a minute and decided to walk around the block and if see if i was still there and its rightful owner didnt come to pick it up. So around the block we go and the bill was still there. As i was looking at it from a far I noticed it didnt quite look like a dollar bill so I went to pick it up and sure enough it wasnt a dollar bill it was a:





Thats right it just happened to be a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL!!!!! We couldnt believe our eyes!! We actually found a real life, no joke Benjamin sitting right on the grass! There had been multiple people walking up and down the hill and no one had seen it but us. So being the good little girls that we are we decided to write a note to the car it was by and gave them my number to call if the ( undisclosed amount) money was theirs. Well 24 hours passed and no call. I decided to call the Provo Temple to see what we should do and we brought it in and since it was on the outside of the temple grounds, they have nothing to do with it and they said "its your lucky day, make sure you pay tithing on it!" I COULD NOT believe my ears, it was OURS, WHAT?! So now we are each $50 richer and miles more excited. It is not everyday you find $100 just laying around, especially when you are as poor as we are!!

1 comment:

Stephs Story said...

Wow! That was your lucky day! It's always nice to get some extra money ;)