2.21.2010

Little Lucy

SSOOO here is a little update of our little precious Lucy. Last night Tyler and I were released to go home from the hospital. Man what a long awaited time! But let me tell you, it was one of the hardest things ever, having to leave behind our baby. I was on the verge of tears all day knowing that time would come and when it did come, boy were the tears rolling. In fact i swear I havent stopped crying since!!! Sheesh, people were right, emotions run HIGH after you have a baby. It has all been so surreal. In my last post i talked about how weird it was to get that connection with her because of all the shinanagans that went on, but let me just say, I seriously cant imagine my life without her. Gosh the love i feel for her is unbelievably overwhelming (hence the tears). Gosh i thought for sure that I couldnt feel anything more powerful then when I fell in love with tyler. That was THE most amazing feeling I had/have. But now that I have my baby here, words cannot explain what I feel. I cannot believe that Heavenly Father thinks I deserve such blessings!! But i guess I will just take it and run right!? Even though it is SO incredibly hard to have her still in the hospital, i know that she is being watched over. Her nurses and Dr's are incredibly talented and I know she is in great hands. The one great thing that I have out of this, is that by the time she gets home, I will be ready, I will be healed, rested (hopefully) and ready to take on the new challenge of motherhood. Since I was kinda put through the ringer, I am really grateful for this time to heal so I can be 100% for my baby. Sorry this is so long and I still havent even updated you on the latest with our he-woman baby. My heart is just so full right now I just cant help it!
Ok ok, here it is, the latest with lucy goose. Since the hardest thing we have to do/teach Lucy right now is learning to eat, I get to do this cute "training" session with her twice a day. Basically i try to get her to breastfeed and kinda show her what to do, but then when she doesnt do it, we get to have "skin to skin" time, where I just hold her next to me, and she just falls right to sleep. It is the cutest thing!! But today she has made GREAT improvements. She got to have to IV taken out AND she started to latch on!!! Man she gets SO mad when we have to practice feeding, but today SHE DID IT!!! Granted, it wore her completely out and as soon as she latched she was gonzo, but, she did it! She has to be under the billy lights starting today too, but thats ok. So hopefully she will continue to eat and grow, and get stronger, and everything else that will help her come home. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers, you are all wonderful, seriously, and here come the tears...

5 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I am so sorry you have to leave her at the hospital! I can't imagine how hard that must be! So how big was she? How much did she weight and how long was she?

Lindsey said...

You're going to make me cry! I'm so sorry you have to leave her! That is so hard! I'm glad you get a little time to rest and recover and get ready though. You are such a cute, amazing mom! I hope Lucy gets to come home very soon!

Courtney said...

Congrats! Hopefully she will be able to come home big and strong. In the mean time, rest, relax and enjoy the quiet before your little one takes charge!

Paula said...

So glad things are going good. She will catch on to Life in this Big ol world soon. take care of yourself. I can't wait to see her. Hopefully next time I am in UT.

Kori Pratt said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't checked your blog in a while, and apparently I have bad timing! Congratulations!!! I can't believe you have a baby now! How exciting! I am SO glad I'm not the only one who didn't cry at the birth of our daughter! I totally thought I'd be bawling, and after she was born all I could think was "What the heck just happened??!!??" :) I am so happy for you! You are going to be such an amazing mom! I hope she learns how to eat really well so she can come home soon! :)