2.20.2010

What a week!

Man alive!!! What a week it sure has turned out to be. It has been crazy, scary, wonderful, great, aweful, everything all wrapped into one. I am still in the hospital PRAYING that we (daddy and I) are able to go home tonight. My blood pressure is still high, so it may be iffy. All i can say is sleeping in hospitals is not cool. I guess it would be similar to when we bring Lucy home, no sleep at all. This has been such a crazy experience, now i am talking about birth and the new life of motherhood. When they induced my labor i could immediately feel the result of the on coming contractions. At that point, EPIDURAL please!!! I seriously CANNOT believe I ever contemplated going natural, ARE YOU KIDDING, not in a million years. Praise to all you poineer women out there that go natural, you guys are TOUGH cookies!!! I was trying to focus and breath and do all those things while you are contracting, but thanks to the super friendly chattiness of my nurse, I had to listen to her talk about chocolate, and laughing, shooting the breeze like nothing. To her, it probably was, but to me, I just wanted to scream! But then i luckily got the epidural in and all was well in zion, well of course, until the going got tough and it wore off almost completely and I felt pretty much EVERYTHING!!! Lets just say that going through birth was THE absolute hardest/painful thing I have ever done in my life. There were moments when I honestly did not think I could do it, but somehow it happened and all of a sudden I saw my little juicy butterball being carried over to get worked on. Talk about SURREAL!!!! I had invisioned this moment time and time again, and once again, just like the rest of the week, it wasnt exactly how I imagined. I was in such shock thinking that I have a real life child and watching the nurses carry her away, that I had no emotion. I thought that I should cry, but i couldnt, I just layed there. Isnt that the weirdest thing?! I had no emotions when my first born child was born. I only got to hold her for about 2 minutes before they had to take her away again. And again, I just layed there in complete oblivion. It has been so strange these last couple of days, having a child but only with the supervision of others. We cant take her to our room and when we are in the nursery, all the nurses, other babies and parents, and machines are all around and we cant just be a family all by ourselves and that is a really strange thing to us. I just want to hold my baby all day, and just look at her and marvel at how precious she is. She may have to be in the hospital until her actual due date (March 30) but she may get to come home sooner (fingers crossed) if she learns how to eat. I just pray that all goes well, I cant wait to have my family all to myself, healthy and happy!!!!

8 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Jod! She is beautiful! Our little guy was born on the 18th, so only one day before! She is so so cute. Isn't it the craziest experience? The whole time we were at the hospital I kept thinking, how is this happening?? Amazing though, don't you think? You are being so good about updating your blog!

Lindsey said...

She is so darling! I'm sure this whole week has been crazy! I'll be praying you both get to go home soon!

Tara Mogle said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I hope she gets to come home soon! Take care of yourself and get some rest while you still can! :) Congrats again

Amanda said...

oh Jody I am so sorry for all the stuff you have just been through. I had very difficult pregnancies and three babies in the NICU. they stayed from 4 days to 16 days. No matter how long they have to stay, one day in there is too many. My last one I couldn't even hold for the first 7 days. Talk about hard. So stay strong I know what it is like to leave the hospital without a baby (3 times over)it is so surreal and you get sad because you went through all that and you don't feel like it is real yet. there will be up and down days and when it is all over you will be so glad to have her home. The best advice I ever had from a nurse was that it is okay to be upset over her being there because you were expecting a full term healthy baby and you have to adjust. The worst is that you don't get to rest at all because you want to be there with her even though you are tired and healing yourself. Welcome to the superwoman part of motherhood. Stay strong, know without a doubt that girls are tougher than boys and she will turn around one day and decide she wants to come home and it will happen. Finally, congratulations!! She is definitely adorable!

The Trythalls said...

My dear Jody,
I am so proud of you and so happy you did this before me! I am happy that thinks worked out well and everything is "well in Zion". I can't wait to see you and discuss!!!

Chad and Mandi said...

We are praying for you and your little family Jody! Can't wait to come and see you and your cutie pie!

Justin and Tauna said...

Wow what an experience, I'm glad the delivery went okay, Lucy is such a cute name, and Lucy is so cute!! Congrats!

Cris, Heather, Connor and Carson said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable! I hope you get to go home soon:)